Google

14 May 2006

Hanoi

We have traded Hoi An for Hanoi. Got the plane this morning, since it was going to be $37 for the 14 hour train ride and was $48 for the one hour flight. And we're lazy. And I don't have to justify myself to you anyway.

Hoi An was a lovely little place, though not much going on, so we rented motorbikes and rode to the beach on the second day. The major triumph of our time there were the clothes we had made. I bought two suits, two shirts and two ties, all for the princely sum of $160. There was also an interesting evening involving the FA Cup Final, a shoe shop, a xenophobic Vietnamese, more people than should fit on a motorbike and two full moon parties on two different beaches. I had a headache this morning.

We are staying in the old quarter of Hanoi, which is similar to the old town in Hoi An, though, in contrast to Hoi An, it is anything but peaceful. Hanoi is a big pile of crazy, but I really like it. We've only been here since this afternoon, but I think it's my favourite place so far (Dee's still hung up on Phnom Penh). We are going to travel to Halong Bay for a couple of days and then back here until Deirdre flies home on Saturday, leaving me all on my lonesome to travel through Laos, fly to Bankok and then home in early June.

1 Comments:

Blogger DUŠKA ALŽBĚTA said...

I would highly recommend Mr Benjamin services to any person in need of financial help and they will keep you on top of high directories for any further needs. Once again I commend yourself and your staff for extraordinary service and customer service, as this is a great asset to your company and a pleasant experience to customers such as myself. Wishing you all the best for the future.Mr, Benjamin is the best way to get an easy loan,here is their email..  247officedept@gmail.com    Thank You for helping me with loan once again in my sincerely heart I'm forever grateful.

10:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home